Friday, January 9, 2015
Happy New Year! My intention was to get this post out at the beginning of the week but here it is Friday and I am just getting to it. We returned from visiting our son and daughter in law on Sunday after spending New Years with them in North Carolina. While there, my creative daughter in law and I dove into several sewing projects. The first project was a bed skirt for a crib in the nursery. The crib has a storage drawer at the bottom which is convenient. The problem lies in the fact that when the mattress is in the highest position, all of the stuff stored in the drawer is visible. We made a tailored skirt to be used until the mattress is lowered. We made one of these previously but had to add a crib to the nursery because we found out that twins are on the way! (Yahoo!) We used a nice navy and white stripe from IKEA with muslin for the decking. I have to say that I was very impressed with this fabric. The stripes were perfectly even so cutting was a breeze. Here's how it turned out....
6" faux leather (we bought one that was not too stiff)- this was enough for two bags!
1/2 yard of cotton lining for each bag.
3/4 yard of focus fabric- we used decorator weight- this was also enough for two bags.
1 yard of fusible midweight interfacing
1 14" (or longer) zipper for each bag.
|The lining for this bag is the green with dots.|
|Finished size is approximately 12"x 12" when opened flat.|